We are proud to announce Studco’s latest breakthrough innovation, the Vortex High Performance Framing System.
The Vortex High Performance Framing System® is Studco’s latest innovation.
Studco® has spent the last two years developing Vortex.
Studco Vortex addresses the cause of noise annoyance from internal framing.
Read Time: 1 min
Having spent the last two-years developing Studco Vortex, we are proud to announce the only fit-for-purpose internal, lightweight steel framing system that has been specifically engineered to address the variable surface elements of modern concrete structures is now available.
Studco Vortex is a reliable and practical solution for addressing the root cause of noise annoyance by removing stress and tension from the internal framing.
The key benefits of the Vortex System include:
- Rigid Beam – The Studco Vortex top track profile has a full-length rebated pan that increases stiffness and resists buckling forces, to ensure profile straightness and restrict members from following undulating concrete surfaces.
- Fixing Tab – Allows positive fixing to substrate on uneven surfaces. Concertina zone is pre-stressed to limit tension and deformation of the track.
- Wide Range of Applications – Suitable for use in all internal wall applications, even where vertical deflection is present and can be used at head and base of wall. Also used for fire-rated walls and acoustic walls.
- Anti-Tension Kerfs – Strain-relief kerfs provide a secondary measure to limit deformation of the flanges where the substrate is extremely uneven. This disallows the transfer of tension along the profile length.
- Stud Isolation From Track – Stud isolation clip isolates metal-on metal contact at the stud to track connection. Can also be used as a locator or shoulder in other wall construction elements.
- Superior Wear Resistance – High density, hard wearing, low friction polymer material with fire-retardant properties.
- Quality Control – Lower portion of the red isolation clip is highly visible and protrudes past the track flange for quick visual confirmation of installation and provides an easy way to check overall stud length.
- Multiple Uses – Isolation clips can also be at the base of wall studs, as locators for doors jamb studs, furring channels and ceiling wall track sections.