Resilmount® M581 Resilient Channel
The Resilmount M581 resilient channel is manufactured from 0.45BMT galvanised steel and is available in 3650mm lengths.
The fundamental purpose of the resilient channel is to provide a means for attaching the plasterboard to the supporting structure without actually permitting the plasterboard to directly contact the structure. It’s the de-coupling of the plasterboard from the framing that provides the improved sound transmission loss.
Resilient channels are commonly used in multi-residential housing projects. The M581 resilient channel is manufactured from high grade galvanised steel and is suitable for fixing to timber and steel studs for the purpose of reducing sound transmission. The fixing leg of the channel is supplied with pre-punched holes to aid on-site installation and reduce construction time.
- Low cost acoustic wall solution.
- Channel effectively isolates plasterboard from the framing studwork, resulting in substantial weakening of the sound waves.
- Effortless installation process – RRC comes pre-punched for fast and easy fixing.
- Can be used in any application where sound transmission is a concern.
- Holes in the web of the channel provide flexibility.
For more information call us on 1300 255 255